Guests are offered the option of an evening meal but we do ask that you book in advance if you wish to have an evening meal. An approximate time that you wish to have your meal is also appreciated. This way we can ensure that your dining experience is as enjoyable as possible, however, we do not usually do evening meals on Sundays.
The evening meals menu is as follows:
(v) = suitable for vegetarians.
- Fresh Asparagus with hollandaise sauce and a poached egg
- Garden vegetable soup of the day (v)
- Melon platter with seasonal fruits (v)
- Fresh Sweetcorn cob with butter
- Pan fried or poached Chicken Breast
- Tomatoes stuffed with pesto rice (v)
- Fish of the day
- Sirloin steak, cooked to your liking, served with onion rings, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms.(There is a £3.50 supplement on this dish).
- Locally reared lamb cutlet with fresh mint sauce
- Locally reared pork chop and apple sauce
- Beef and red wine casserole
- (v)Staffordshire Oatcakes stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach topped with cheese sauce.
All main courses are served with a choice of new or mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, mixed salad or home-made chips.
- Home grown rhubarb crumble
- Lemon Posset
- Apple and Almond sponge
- Seasonal fruit meringues
- Chocolate profiteroles
Desserts can be served with ice cream or custard on request.
- One Course - £9.00
- Two Courses - £12.00
- Three Courses - £15.00
- Tea, Coffee or Squash - £0.75
(Please note that we do not hold a license to sell alcoholic drinks, however, you are welcome to bring your own for your meal)
Other evening meal options
If you don’t fancy something off the main menu, why not have one of our individually priced meals?
Chicken Fajitas - Chicken strips seasoned and stir-fried with onion and peppers served with wraps, salsa, sour cream and guacamole. £7.00 Add potato wedges and salad for an extra £1.50
Chicken or Vegetable curry with rice and/or chips and naan bread - £7.00
Chilli con-carne - Diced beef with a tomato chilli pepper and bean sauce served with rice and/or chips or jacket potato -£6.00
Jacket potato with a filling of your choice - £3.50Cottage pie - £5.00
All children’s meals are priced at £5.00 and include ice cream for dessert.
- Chicken nuggets served with chips and peas/beans
- Fish fingers served with chips/potato waffles and peas/beans
- Cottage pie served with peas and gravy
- Pizza served with chips and peas/beans
- Bangers and mash served with peas and gravy
All dishes are £4.00 including a glass of squash.
As we are only a small guest house it would be helpful if we could have some advance notice please to ensure freshness and availability. Please telephone Ivor or Norah Robinson on 01785 223069