Guests are offered the option of an evening meal but we do ask that you book in advance if you wish to have an evening meal. An approximate time that you wish to have your meal is also appreciated. This way we can ensure that your dining experience is as enjoyable as possible, however, we do not usually do evening meals on Sundays.
The evening meals menu is as follows:
(v) = suitable for vegetarians.
- Warm smoked mackerel salad
- Soup of the day
- Fan of melon with seasonal fruits (v)
- Pate served with hot toast and a salad garnish
- Pan fried or poached Chicken Breast
- Pork chop with a cider sauce
- Lamb Cutlet or chops with min and redcurrant sauce
- Fish of the day
- Sirloin steak served with onion rings, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms.(There is a £3 supplement on this dish).
- (v) Mushrooms stuffed with cheese, onion, peppers and tomatoes
- (v)Staffordshire Oatcakes stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach topped with cheese sauce.
All main courses are served with a choice of seasonal vegetables, mixed salad or home-made chips.
- Fruit Pavlova
- Banoffee pie
- Apple pie
- Sticky toffee pudding
Desserts can be served with ice cream or custard on request.
- One Course - £9.00
- Two Courses - £12.00
- Three Courses - £15.00
- Tea, Coffee or Squash - £0.75
(Please note that we do not hold a license to sell alcoholic drinks, however, you are welcome to bring your own for your meal)
Fancy something different?
If you don’t fancy something off the main menu, why not have one of our individually priced meals?
Bangers and Mash - £4.00
Spaghetti Bolognese or lasagne served with garlic bread - £4.50
Cottage Pie - £4.50
Chilli con carne - £6.00
Chicken Curry with rice or chips served with a naan bread - £6.00
All children’s meals are priced at £5.00 and include ice cream for dessert.
- Chicken nuggets served with chips/potato waffles and peas/beans
- Fish fingers served with chips/potato waffles and peas/beans
- Cottage pie served with peas and gravy
- Pizza served with chips/potato waffles and peas/beans
- Bangers and mash served with peas and gravy
In addition to this a smaller portion of other menu items can be created.
As we are only a small guest house it would be helpful if we could have some advance notice please to ensure freshness and availability. Please telephone Ivor or Norah Robinson on 01785 223069